Supply Amiah Lake College Jerseys Online

Cheap College Soccer Jersys Sale For Men/Women/Youth/Kids With Full Sizes And Free Shipping
admin
Site Admin

Supply Amiah Lake College Jerseys Online

Post by admin » Fri Jan 03, 2020 3:30 am

It was a memorable 2019 soccer season for two Belding natives who played for Grace Christian University and its National Christian College Athletic Association team which was Division II national runners-up.

They lost to Bob Jones University 3-0 in the title game in late November at Kissimmee, Fla.

The Tigers ended the 2019 season 12-8, finishing as a top 3 team in the NCCAA for the fourth straight season.

Players include sophomore midfielder/defensive player Aletheia Jones of Belding and sophomore Amiah Lake of Rockford, who attended Belding High School.

Jones had a goal in a game against Andrews University and an assist against Mount Mary during the season.

Their coach was Scott Teesdale.

“They bolstered our defense this season,” Teesdale said. “They played the two center back positions and were an integral part of our overall success all through the season. Aletheia was a huge part of our national championship team last year. She actually switched positions this year from a defensive mid back to center defense because we really didn’t have somebody to fill that role with experience. She stepped in, had a tremendous season and was voted second-team All-American.

“She’s an extremely consistent steady player who does what needs to be done defensively and is a solid player.”

Lake, likewise, is playing out of position, Teesdale said.

“She’s our backup goalkeeper,” he said. “She stepped into the center defensive role and brings a great amount of athleticism and fire to that position. She played really hard and is physical and covers the field well. She’s a major piece in solidifying our defense this season. She was voted to the all-tournament team at the national tournament.”

Lake redshirted one year at Grace and has three years left of eligibility. She also played one year at Belding as a senior.

“My youth group would come to what used to be an all-nighter here,” Lake said. “I knew about the school. I was a goalie at Belding, not a defender like I’m here. I probably prefer being a goalie.”

Her soccer career at Belding “has been super fun,” Lake said. “I enjoy the girls on the team and traveling. The strength I have is definitely my feet and I’m super aggressive.”

As for the future. “We have some good recruiting classes coming in,” she said.

Lake said she played with Jones her senior season and coached her two years after that at Belding.

“She graduated two years after I did and I went back to help out,” Lake said.

This year, Jones was right center back on defense. She played center defensive-mid last year.

“I’ve always wanted to play soccer in college,” Jones said. “I wanted to find education first because I thought that was more important. I went to Grace and saw they had what I wanted to do. I felt comfortable with the academic system there. I was blessed to find out I could play for the team. It was kind of like a package deal.”

It’s been “a blast,” Jones said playing for a national contending team.

“Going into it, I wasn’t sure what to expect since college soccer is different than high school,” she said. “The atmosphere is really cool and fun. Yes, we want to win, but we’re family first and I really enjoyed that. We try to play for each other and not individually. My main responsibility is if I see something, I’m supposed to guide people.

“I feel like the future looks really good. We’re losing a handful of seniors but we have really good incoming freshmen.”